How to Apply
The SED Center is limited to 160 children ages 3 months to 4 years old. Subsidized care is available, on a sliding scale, to working families that fall under the District's income eligibility threshold. To inquire about enrolling your child, please contact us to get more information about availability:
Required Information to Register Your Child
After obtaining an appointment, you must bring the following documents:
- Either a completed application for subsidized care or a completed application for non-subsidized care.
- Birth certificates of all your children under the age of 18
- Social security cards of all household members
- Picture identification of parents
- Physical exam form for the child
- Dental exam form for the child (3 years and older)
- Medical insurance or Medicaid card of the child
- Last 3 paycheck stubs OR a signed letter from your employer stating your name, number of hours worked, salary (weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly), method of payment (cash or check), and your supervisor's name, address, and phone number.
- A utility bill (gas, electric, landline phone) showing your address OR a notarized letter signed by the owner of the place where you reside stating your name, your child's name, the name of the owner of the place where you reside, the address, and how much you pay in rent PLUS at least 2 pieces of mail no more than 30 days old to your attention to your address.